Monday, January 19, 2004

TELL ME WHY I DON'T LIKE MONDAYS

Up at 4.30am to drive to West London to do Sky News's newspaper review at 7am. Normally I am quite a good 'morning' person but I have to admit that today I could happily have stayed in bed. I talked mainly about Geoff 'Buff' Hoon's future (or lack of it), tuition fees and the Government's plans to reform the Strategic Rail Authority. These plans seem to involve removing the SRA's stragetic function, which is a little odd seeing as the SRA was created by this government only three years ago. If it has no strategic function and isn't an authority they might as well get rid of it. I think we're moving back to a state owned rail and the bad old days of British Rail. Here's a quiz question: How many different Transport Secretaries have there been since Labour came to power in 1997? Answer: Eight. Amazing. No wonder there is no strategy.

No comments: