Saturday, April 17, 2004

TODAY ON MONDAY

I shall be on the Today Programme on Radio 4 on Monday talking about householders' rights to defend their property. Hopefully it'll be on at 10 past 8 rather than 6am!

FARMERS' FORUM A SUCCESS

Yesterday we had a visit from Shadow Agriculture Secretary John Whittingdale. We did an interview on North Norfolk Radio and then went to visit a farm near Saxthorpe run by Peter Seaman, who it is safe to describe as a real Norfolk character! We talked about his business and diversification and he showed us a new venture he has started - worm farming! It's all to do with composting, and obivously hugely successful. We then went on to the Farmers' Forum Maureen Cushing and I had organised at Holt Rugby Club. To be honest I wondered if anyone would turn up as the weather was so superb. I thought that most of the farmers would have better things to do but to my amazement more than 70 showed up. We had two senior officers from the council to talk about planning issues relating to farming and the reaction seemed to be hugely positive. In the evening I went to a dinner party in Tunstead. All in all a very satisfying day. Today I was out on the doorsteps of Bacton and Happisburgh. Recruited several new party members. Great stuff!

No comments: