Friday, May 28, 2004

WRESTLING FOR CHARITY

Well I've just come back from one of the more surreal experiences of my life as a candidate. Eight months ago today I was being selected as Conservative Candidate for North Norfolk at Holt Community Centre. This evening I was also at Holt Community Centre....compering a wrestling match. Astonishing. Actually it was quite good fun. I even got a good round of applause when I was introduced. Good job most people were out of their brains! I also presented a cheque for £500 to the East Anglian Air Ambulance as a result of my sponsored diet. I'll post some pics on the website over the weekend.

Earlier in the day I went canvassing in Sheringham and Holt. We picked up quite a few new members in Sheringham, which encouraged the local people no end. For some reason Sheringham has got a reputation as a LibDem stronghold. Well, that wasn't my experience this afternoon. Had lunch at the Hunworth Bell with Michael Brunson, ITN's former political editor. Great to see him again and catch up on some political gossip.

Tomorrow I am getting up at 6am to drive tgo Cardiff to cheer on the Hammers. COME ON YOU IRONS!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How much did you lose in your diet?

Iain Dale said...

two stone! And I've managed to keep it off.... so far....