Thursday, March 09, 2006

A Day on the Golf Course

Today I played my first game of golf for nearly two years. It's what I therapeutically call part of 'getting my life back'. I played at the most luxurious club I think I have ever been to just off the M20 at West Kingsdown. The course is designed by Jack Nicklaus and it's called The London Club. They even collect your clubs from your car, and come round with little trollies with drinks at regular intervals. Apparently it costs £5,000 to join and annual fees are £3,000. You can take it from me that I am not a member and never likely to be. Having not played for so long I was a little worried about how I would do, but it all went rather well, and I finished second in our foursome. At the 17th, which was a Par 3 but over water, I got a par, so I was well pleased with that, as it gave me 4 points! If you're not into golf, you've probably stopped reading by now, but suffice it to say, it's quite good - especially when you have to hit the ball 170 yards over a lake. The last few holes were pretty unpleasant as it poured with rain, although for some masochistic reason I always play better when it's raining. It's a very long course and it took us 5 and a quater hours to get round! Anyway, I've now got the golf bug again, but I'll try not to bore you with it too often, but if you fancy inviting me for a round, feel free!

No comments: