Monday, March 13, 2006

An Evening on George Galloway's Manor

Just come back from Brick Lane. No, I wasn't on a George Galloway pilgramage. I met some DD campaign veterans for a drink and an Indian. I had never been to Brick Lane before, despite living in the East End for ten years. It's certainly an experience. Virtually every restaurant you walk past, someone tries to lure you in, offering free popadoms or 10% off everything. Reminded me of a similar experience in Amsterdam last weekend! I've never really liked Indian food, but I have to say that my Chicken Shalish (at least, I think that's what it was called) was excellent. And at £13 a head including drinks, you really cannot complain.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I met some DD campaign veterans for a drink"

Planning a coup already Ian? ;o)

Rigger Mortice said...

tell us more on Amsterdam sounds intriguing!