Sunday, March 12, 2006

Ming's Memoirs: Can You Think of a Good Title?

The Sunday Telegraph Mandrake Column informs us that this autumn's political publishing sensation will be, er, the memoirs of Ming Campbell. Come again? Don't politicians normally pen their life story when their political career is over? Ah, the penny's just dropped. Now, dear readers, you know how I like to treat you all with massive prizes? (I sound like Andrew Neil!) Well let's have a little competition. The person to come up with the best title for Ming's memoirs will get a copy of Charles Kennedy's slim tome, the Future of Politics. Get scribbling in the Comments section.

15 comments:

Mikey said...

A Beautiful Ming?

Ming Imperials?

You Must Be Out of Your Tiny Ming?

More Tax for High Court Judges?

I'm the Leader, I'm the Leader, I'm the Leader of the LibDems I Am?

Jonathan Sheppard said...

Ming ahaaaa - failure of the Universe. He'll tax ever one of us

Jonathan Sheppard said...

Ming Campbell - the caretaker years

ian said...

I would enter, but I am afraid of the inherent threat in the final sentence of your blog.

Iain Dale said...

ian, not sure I quite get that!

Anonymous said...

Pantsdown, Pintsdown, Pollsdown: the third volume in our essays on Lib Dem leadership.


Rum, Sodomy & the Lash - why I was won the leadership.

Playing it straight

"The incredible in pursuit of the unelectable" - Ming discusses his battle to win votes in the Lib Dem leadership contest.

Anonymous said...

Ming Cambell - The Straight Choice (and this time we mean it)

Anonymous said...

Ming's Bling
Ming Campbell, Liberal Democrat: After Life in the Fast Lane
Being Leader of My Party and Other Things I Have Over Gordon: Ming's Merciless Memoirs

Anonymous said...

The Campbell Memoirs Vol 1: My Early Life

Anonymous said...

Confessions of a Liberal Minger

Anonymous said...

Ming When You're Winning

Anonymous said...

Or, come to think of it:

I'd like to teach the world to Ming
Ming and Country
Get Charlie!

Paul Linford said...

Deputy Prime Minister: A memoir of the Gordon Brown years, by the Rt Hon Sir Menzies Campbell, KG, CH.

Or something similarly pompous....

Anonymous said...

The Man Who Would Be Ming
Return of the Ming
Ming Leer
The Lyin' Ming
Mingdom of Heaven
A Ming's Story
The Scorpion Ming
Ming Kong

Okay, I'll stop now...

Anonymous said...

Possible title -
Campbell: Condensed

NB. Campbell's Condensed (Sir Menzies) is a fine traditional soup, normally served tepid. Non-alcoholic.