Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Off to Washington DC

I'm sitting in the Virgin lounge at Heathrow waiting to board the 12 noon flight to Washington, so no PMQs or Budget for me, I'm afraid. Very bad organisation to be flying out on budget day. Just think of the fun I could have had later. It seems the Dour One will be taking his lead from the Chinese government, who are also clamping down on ShangHai Tractors. Of course, this will also be the first time David Cameron has clashed with Gordon Brown across the Despatch Box, so there will be a lot of interest in that, no doubt. Bugger, my flight has just been called.

Fear not, though, I shall be blogging regularly from Washington and also recording the odd Podcast or three. Tonight I'm having dinner with John O'Sullivan, who many of you will know as a former adviser to Margaret Thatcher and editor of National Review. And tomorrow I'm seeing Iain Murray who got me into blogging in the first place. I'll try to persuade him to resurrect his excellent Blog, the now defunct Edge of England's Sword!

3 comments:

Bel said...

A pity you'll miss the Budget and the Parliamentary fisticuffs thereafter, but no doubt your trip to God's Own Country will more than make up for it.

Have a safe journey!

stalin's gran said...

Think you probably mean Andrew - best not call him John, eh? Unless the writer of Only Fools And Horses secretly has a whole other side to his character.....

stalin's gran said...

Apologies Iain - you do mean John O'Sullivan! Andrew Sullivan seemed more your type..(sorry)