Friday, March 17, 2006

An Opportunity to Join the Ming Dynasty

Flicking through my copy of the Press Gazette I was delighted to read an advert for the job as Press Secretary to Ming Campbell. I qualify for the job on every count. Even the bullet point in the advert which reads...

Good understanding of and sympathy with the Liberal Democrats

Yep, I understand them only too well, and I have a great deal of sympathy for them after their recent traumas. Wouldn't anyone? Even better, if I got the job I would be reporting to Ming's Chief of Staff, someone called Norman Lamb! Excuse me while I update my CV...

Seriously (sort of), I wonder if this is a job for my estemmed blogging colleague Paul Linford?!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You probably wouldn't be reporting directly to Lamb, to be fair. There needs to be a chain of command and I imagine he would delegate the task of supervising you to somebody more junior.

Iain Dale said...

oooh. So cutting. How ill I recover from such a slur.

Paul Linford said...

Iain,

Nice try, but if you'd read this column you would realise that my chances of being employed by Ming Campbell are about the same as yours of being employed by Norman Lamb! Mind you, hasn't Maude just employed his general election opponent...