Friday, March 10, 2006

Peter Hitchens' New Bonkers Blog

Peter Hitchens has a new blog HERE. You don't have to be bonkers to appreciate it, but it helps. I can't help being amused by the strapline to each blog entry, which reads "Read Peter Hitchens only in The Mail on Sunday". Some of us are deeply grateful that he can be read only in the MoS. I used to like Hitchens' columns but he's become a bit of a one trick pony. His mantra of "useless Tories" may have been amusing the first time he used it. Now it's just plain boring.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with dp, and would draw a distinction between Peter Hitchens in the Mail on Sunday (and possibly the blog, we'll see) and Peter Hitchens the author of Abolition of Britain and Abolition of Liberty. The first Peter Hitchens is all too often a barking loon, the second is a well-informed and measured revelation.

Increasingly I find myself liking aspects of his brother's writing too.