Sunday, April 23, 2006

Marlon Harewood - Hammers Hero

If you're a football fan you'll understand the elation that I'm feeling at the moment. I just wish I could have been there. What a day. What a goal. What a second half. I admit it wasn't the greatest performance of our fantastic season, but it's mthe result that matters, and Marlon Harewood delivered yet again. He's been an aboslute revelation this season. 16 goals - and to think I had my doubts whether he'd be able to cope with the Premiership. I don't know why but I just knew we'd win today. And to make it a double celebration it means West Ham have already qualified for the UEFA Cup next season. I'm told all season ticket holders are guaranteed a ticket for the final, so Cardiff here I come! If only the new Wembley had been ready. Does it get much better than this? John Lyall and Ron Greenwood will be having a good post match chinwag. They'd be 'over the moon', Brian. And so am I. I'll stop now. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!

9 comments:

Croydonian said...

She wore, she wore, she wore a claret ribbon...


Happy days, eh?

Martin Curtis said...

I would have been happy for you if it hadn't been for the pic of the 1980 programme. I still wince every time I see Trevor Brooking

Anonymous said...

Though a Spurs supporter, I'm genuinely pleased that the 'ammers are through. It's a proper final now, something it could never have been with Middlesborough - just wouldn't feel right.

That said you'll be dumped out of the UEFA cup soon enough, so enjoy it whilst it lasts.

5 - 1 Liverpool in the final anyone?

Iain Dale said...

"That said you'll be dumped out of the UEFA cup soon enough, so enjoy it whilst it lasts."
Hmmm. methinks Spurs might be in the UEFA cup too once the Gooners win the Champions League. Wanna havwe a bet on you getting knocked out before us?

Anonymous said...

Sorry Iain, don't think you'll triumph over Liverpool but well done for getting to the final anyway - thoroughly deserved.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Iain,

I had Marlon Harewood as first goal scorer so I'm pleased as well.

Good luck in Cardiff !

Anonymous said...

I've a horrible feeling you might be right - though I'd be inclined to think Arsenal will get into the Champions league next season via the league rather than by winning the Champions League - just can't see them beating Barcelona, whereas I can see us stuffing up the last couple of games and letting them race past us.

Anonymous said...

Let's not get carried away here... Middlesbrough put in their best performance in years and won a stunning victory.. well, that's what Patricia Hewitt said in her post-match interview

aidanrad said...

Congrats.
Now, if you'll just put out a team of 14-year-olds for your final Premiership game of the season, to protect those first-teamers from Cup Final-wrecking Edgar Davids rakings, you'd make a few North-East London neighbours very happy...!

Failing that, a last-minute, match-winning/losing own-goal by Teddy, followed by him forgetting which kit he's wearing for a rampant pitch-long celebration, would have to do instead... ;)