Sunday, April 02, 2006

National Newspaper Falls for My April Fool

Yesterday I wrote THIS little April Fool about Tory finances. It seems from the comments on that post that a few of you were fooled by it. But you weren't alone. One of our Sunday newspapers was about to splash with it and name the donors as Portuguese Shipping magnate Abril Chiste and Russian Oil billionaire Approlina Wytka, but they thought they'd better ring me first. You should have heard the screams at the other end of the phone when I had to explain it was actually an April Fool and that Abril Chiste means April Joke in Portuguese. I'd love to name the newspaper, but perhaps had better not!

3 comments:

Jonathan Sheppard said...

Oh go on!!

Anonymous said...

Nice one, I was fooled too.

Rigger Mortice said...

I'm just gutted that Crick didn't have a bad day!How could you do that knowing so many would leap with joy?Very wicked.

So what's 'Approlina Wytka' in Russian?