Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Nick Bowes: Oops He Did it Again

You know that Britney Spears Song Oops, I Did it Again. This should be Nick Bowes's theme song. I shoudl reassure you, dear reader that this will be the last post about Nick Bowes. I am sure he will be relieved. But I wanted to share a few last snippets from his sadly demised blog with you. But before I do, if you've come to this story late and you're wondering what I am going on about, click HERE for a quick reminder.

First of all, it seems Nick Bowes has a stalker (and it ain’t me!). He wrote on April 10 “Apologies for the slowness in people's comments appearing on the website - I've been pursued by a particularly offensive and rude individual and to avoid any more distasteful comments being left, I'm screening them all. I do attract them, don't I?” I wonder if it was this person who tipped off the Mail on Sunday… On 7 April he admits the local Wandsworth Labour Party has lost 25% of its members over the last four years. And on 22 March he writes. "I have written to Tony Blair, telling him to resign. Bang goes my chance of making the approved Parliamentary candidates panel!” Nick, Nick, what can I say. It’s one thing to write to TB telling him to go – which of us haven’t? But to say it on your blog. Oh dear…

Now an admission. Yesterday I wrote that Nick Bowes thought his blog was private and its contents only viewable by a few of his friends. I think that was in the Mail on Sunday. But this cannot be true. For on March 28 Nick was proudly boasting that his blog was quoted in The Guardian, saying “As stu_n kindly points out, northernmonkey1 is proudly quoted on page 2 of today's Guardian in the Today on the Web section. Someone out there takes notice of what I write!” More than you could ever have imagined, Nick. So the question is, if he knew it was available for all and sundry to see, why did he write in such graphic terms? Or is he just plain dumb? Further evidence of rank stupidity comes with his comments about his candidacy for the Wandsworth Council elections next month. Here is a random selection. “I’m not really enjoying it” (20 March), “I am increasingly concerned – waking up in cold sweats –that I might be, on the morning of Friday 5th May, the sole remaining Labour councillor in Wandsworth (9 March). “On the positive side I would automatically pick up the £30,000 as leader of the opposition (which is much better than the £9,000 for being a plain councillor”. (March 9). “Why does a 30 year old man expose himself to such a miserable, exhausting, lonely experience of fighting an election? Will anyone thank me for it?” (March 28). Take it from me, Nick. The answer is ‘no’.

And last but not least, let’s return to Nick’s Westminster ambitions. On 20 June 2005 he wrote: "I have decided to try to get on the list of approved candidates for the next general Election, and start sniffing around one or two possible Yorkshire seats that may see their incumbents heading for retirement/Lords/death (delete as appropriate) before 2009. I’m not set 100% on being an MP, but still think I would be good at it, and some of my friends have already offered financial contributions to a fighting fund! All donations welcome…!).” Oh dear, oh dear, Nick You’ve done it again. Where do I start? Actually, I don’t think any comment’s necessary, is it? Don’t kick a man when he’s down…

4 comments:

Guido Fawkes said...

They say you shouldn't kick a man when he is down. Never understood that myself...

Rigger Mortice said...

yes it is!

Yesterday,I thought the bloke may have been honest/unfortunate.I now know he was dumb.

really dumb.

Anonymous said...

I don't think it's a case of kicking him when he's down if he throws himself at the foot doing the kicking.

It's not like he was forced at gunpoint to post again was it?

Anonymous said...

Dont forget Cllr Bowes is a good friend of Sadiq Khan MP. The MP who seems to side with Tamil Tiger terrorist supporters and who doesnt have the courtesy to write back to constituents who dont support the LTTE. Please vote Khan out.