Saturday, April 22, 2006

Saturday Evening On the Streets of Kent

I've just spent a couple of hours tramping round the streets of my village canvassing for the local elections with my local MP Greg Clark. We have a LibDem Councillor here who was elected last year in a by-election. He's in his early twenties and is apparently the youngest councillor in the South East. Our candidate Mile Tompsett is putting up a good fight and we're hopeful of winning. The doorstep response was reasonably encouraging. The most memorable was the lady who was down on our lists as a LibDem but when I asked how she was likely to vote, she said that she'd really quite like to vote for the Greens. I duly said that in that case the Conservatives were the next best thing! For some reason she didn't seem overly convinced. Must work on my technique...

1 comment:

Chris Palmer said...

You should have told her to vote Green then. One less vote for the Lib Dims.