Thursday, April 13, 2006

What do the Party Leaders Have on Their iPods?

William Norton has a very entertaining piece on ConservativeHome discussing the songs the various party leaders have on their iPods. Click HERE to read it. As a taster, this was Sir Ming Campbell's reply: "I don't actually have an i-Pod, because I find it difficult to work those little buttons with my fingers these days, but Lady Elspeth and I like to retire to the withdrawing room of an evening and listen to my collection of 78s on the gramophone, assuming that nice Mr Clegg can spare the time to wind it up for us. We enjoy fresh young talent from the hit parade like Donald, Where's Your Troosers?, Stop Yer Ticklin', Jock and .... "

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You take the piss about Ming being old, but the first comment on the Conservativehome board in response to the article is "What's an iPod?"

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, yes.

I think Cameron said he liked Coldplay, didn't he?

Nuff said.

Iain Dale said...

JM. You really are a complete dick. This post is fun. It's based on satire. It's meant to provoke a smile. It takes the piss out of Cameron too in case you hadn't noticed. Take it in the spirit in which it's meant. I thought the Ming quote was highly amusing. If you didn't, so be it.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, maybe I was a bit quick to rant, but no need for name calling!

Iain Dale said...

Jm, me too. Have a streaming cold and not in good mood!

Rigger Mortice said...

Cameron said he liked the smiths until some journalist on newsnight asked him his favourite album.he was stumped

Iain Dale said...

Rigger, I saw that interview and I don't remember him being stumped at all. As far as I can recall he said "The Queen is Dead". He has certainly said that in a newspaper interview.

Rigger Mortice said...

apologies Iain,I could have sworn he was stumped.
I stand corrected

Nick King said...

Iain,

Being the Eurovision officianado you are, I'm surprised you've missed the reference in the Ming article to songs made famous by our 1966 Eurovision entrant, Mr Kenneth McKellar.

Perhaps he and Lady Elspeth are closet fans too!