Thursday, May 04, 2006

Prescott's Cocktail Sausage: It's All My Fault


Yesterday morning I got a call from The Sun. Cue slightly faster than usual beating heart. They had read THIS on my blog and wondered if I might be able to furnish them with a little more information. Sadly I didn't have any, so I was a little surprised to see a full page article in today's paper on page 9 (see above). Still, if it persuades the old hypocrite to resign just that little bit faster it will have been worth it. If what I hear about the newspapers pursuing six different women over affairs and chasing details of other inappropriate behaviour then I suspect Prezza's interview on Sunday with Andrew Marr will be required viewing. My instinct is that the DPM (as we must now call him) will decide to go when Blair announces his reshuffle on Monday. He will cite wanting to spend time rebuilding his marriage as the reason. That is, of course, if he still has one to rebuild by then.

PS This isn't the most bizarre headline for an article I have been quoted in. In 1989 I appeared in the Sunday Sport under the headline HORSE FART SIGNALS END OF DOCK STRIKE. It's a long story, which I might repeat if there is popular clamour...

11 comments:

Rigger Mortice said...

where's the link????????

Rigger Mortice said...

sorry,forgot,no internet 1989.tell all.you must have a copy.

Iain Dale said...

Added now.

Anonymous said...

I have to disagree with your analysis there Iain. I believe that Labour's showing will be so poor today that both Prescott and Clarke will go tomorrow and Saturday. They'll take the fall saying the vote was against their personal behaviour rather than the Labour party, and that were they to stay, the party would be further harmed. They'll be gone before the reshuffle though.

Anonymous said...

Forgot to say, all of the big supermarkets do deliveries, don't they? Who's up for sending a value pack of cocktail sausage to the Office of Deputy Prime Minister?

Anonymous said...

Ah, that's just raised a chuckle.

It's such a lovely afternoon: the sun is shining, the birds are singing in the trees, the government is imploding before our eyes.

Let's have the story. I am sitting comfortably.

Ranting Guttersnipe said...

You have to laugh at the "careful"£ location of that cocktail sausage on the page.

Had me in stitches.

Anonymous said...

Cocktail sausage? I would noy have thought it was that big

stalin's gran said...

Consider this to be clamouring popularly....

Anonymous said...

Ian I am clamouring, but can it compare with "Hitler was a woman"
or "bus found on moon" ?

Or indeed, the News of the World's classic "Nudist welfare man's model wife fell for Chinese hypnotist from the Co-op bacon factory".

Anonymous said...

I think we should just get Gordon and Cameron into the gents and have a cock-off. Loser warms the seat.