Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Comments Rules

Every comment you leave on this blog is read by me. I try to respond but I am aware I don't interact in the Comments section as much as I would like. Generally I do not delete comments or censor them, but under certain circumstances I do. Do please follow these guidelines...

# Do not use foul and abusive language directed at me or anyone else

# Post a comment using your own or your blog's name. If you post anonymously that's fine, but it is less likely to be let through if it is in any way abusive

# Do not impersonate someone else. For instance, someone is posting as Peter Hitchens when they are patently not him (despite being equally bonkers). Henceforth I shall delete all his comments.

# Do not copy and paste long pieces of text in your comment

# if your comment does not appear immediately it is because I am not near my computer. I cannot authorise comments from my Blackberry. If your comment has not appeared within 24 hours feel free to email me to ask why. Sometimes I so miss the odd one as I'm getting more than 100 a day nowadays

I hope that's all clear!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel that my "*vomit*" comment on the, to my mind, rather sickly July 4th YouTube song was within these rules but was not posted.

Anonymous said...

Iain,you should really consider moving to another blogging software such as Wordpress.com. It would allow you to authorise commenters thus cutting down your work load and allowing people to really get into a debate without waiting for clearance...

Anonymous said...

Not sure the false Peter Hitchens is quite as bonkers as the real one although his language is far worse.
Thanks for letting me post 'I hope someone breaks Ronaldos' (the Portugese one)leg' comment.Very decent of you.

Anonymous said...

Even with these guidelines there is more free speech on this blog than either in Parliament or on Al-beeb.

Bob Piper said...

It's not just a Peter hitchins problem. I now appear to have a variety of Michael Oakeshotts appearing in my comments and most of them appear as batty as the bloody original, but it is also a tad boring. I'm getting Luke Akehursts now, and one is more than enough of those.

One other piece of advice for commenters... make sure your comment has been accepted because the verifying text is often indecipherable.

Anonymous said...

The Peter Hitchens impersonation was very funny, though what made it so funny (ie the bad language) also gave the game away that it wasn't him. I can't imagine the real Peter Hitchens vowing to spend the World Cup in a cave 'eating bananas and w*nking like a chimpanzee'.

Anonymous said...

Is there really such a need to remind everyone of the etiquette Iain? (genuine question, not having a go), the comments you get seem to be pretty long so I don't normally read them all, plus that whole raving tory thing.

Anonymous said...

Peter Hitchens isn't bonkers! He's great!
Keep up the good work Iain. At last Prescott has endorsed what you do, saying this morning that "People must judge what I do when I'm 'on the job'". Quite right too.