Tuesday, May 01, 2007

My New Book of Political Quotations...


It's always a great moment when you see the book cover for a new book you've edited or written. In mid May Harriman House are publishing the above book. When they approached me about compiling this collection I wanted to do something different, and not just pile together 500 random quotations. So the book is divided into sections which guide an aspirant politician through the political process and what a political career would entail. I've tried to get the right mix of wit, bile, eloquence and inspiration. Many of the quotations are ones which are already famous, but most may be new to the casual reader.
This small but perfectly formed hardback book will be published in mid May. You can pre-order it from Politico's for £6.79 HERE or Amazon for the full price of £7.99 HERE.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds fantastic Mr Dale - I shall post a review as soon as I can get my hands on a copy!**smiles ingratiatingly**

Newmania said...

Brevity being the soul of wit and all that , I was wondering who came up with the title ?

Anonymous said...

>all political lives end in failure< has to be in there?

Anyway, any route to publicity, is what I always say. Shall I do the Amazon review now, or wait to read the book? (I always find it is easier if you just send your mates the reviews you want)

Anonymous said...

After you blocked this message twice, today i can get it in, just for posterity's sake, though of course it's so far down now most people won't bother reading....

what a dull and obvious plug for a dull and obvious book.