Thursday, February 05, 2009

Small World

I just got a Facebook Chat message from David Archer, an Ulster Unionist councillor in Lisburn, Northern Ireland...
Mr Dale, quick note, I called into the Grand Opera House in Belfast today for my usual coffee and to avail of their wireless facilities, two people with laptops sitting at opposite ends of the restaurant and both reading your blog

We all ended up introducing ourselves and having a chat about all things political. What started out as a mission to check if I'd received an email ended up with a 4 hour session, and after a few beers as well.

What a lovely message to get. [feeling warm inside]

13 comments:

Martin S said...

It's nice when that kind of thing happens.

Kateyo said...

You see we love you over here Iain..

Iain Dale said...

I feel your love. I may be coming to NI soon for a group hug.

John said...

Yes we do!!!

John said...

Another Kath from NI??? Hi

Hamish said...

Iain, don't tell me your software doesn't even check that nicknames are unique.
(the one and only) Hamish

Iain Dale said...

It's not my software. It's Blogger's!

Ed said...

I have you bookmarked on my Blackberry Mr Dale.

So just think, I carry your erudite words in my pocket.

IanVisits said...

In these recessionary times, is it really sensible for three people to be so badly sidetracked from the urgent effort to rebuild the shattered economy?

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Owen Polley said...

A visit to UUP headquarters planned Iain? ;-)

Unknown said...

You mean to say that you managed to help two gentlemen from Northern Ireland meet up and end up going out on a 4 hour session. Now that IS amazing.

Dick the Prick said...

Beer and politics - a brilliant combination.

Wrinkled Weasel said...

Everyman