Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Fancy a Date on Saturday, You Lucky People?

I'm not quite sure how I managed to do this, but on Saturday I am speaking to two Conservative fundraisers. Luckily one is at lunchtime and one is in the evening. If you live near Bexhill and fancy coming along to a lunch at Seddlescombe with me and Greg Barker MP you can get tickets from the local Conservatives 01424 219117.

And in the evening I will be speaking to Leyton & Wanstead Conservatives in South Woodford (in a scout hut - no jokes please). You can get tickets by emailing sevenwaystories@hotmail.com or phoning 020 8551 4333.

I'm not very popular at home. We have guests this weekend (Mr Greer and his wife to be) and I won't be there at all on Saturday. I see quite enough of him during the week... :)

7 comments:

DaveA said...

Not your lucky day, its a bit rash of you post this event. Just booked 2 tickets as I live a mile away.

Roger Thornhill said...

I used to live in Wanstead. Why it was merged with Leyton escapes me. Wanstead and Woodford used to be Winston Churchill's constituency.

Reasons said...

Good luck with that. I just wanted to apologise if my comment yesterday was inappropriate.

Demetrius said...

You lucky people? Well, I might if you could be relied on to do a good Tommy Trinder routine. With a full staging of the "Champagne Charlie" number complete with dancers. Whether the audience could roar out the chorus as well as those in the theatre where I saw it done is doubtful, but I would bet my ten bob beer money that you would win more votes than rabbiting on about politics.

Drew said...

Re: "Fancy A Date On Saturday, You Lucky People?"

I wouldn't mind, Iain, but only if you're paying. Failing that, send me a nice packet of Jaffa cakes and some cheese and onion crisps and I'll be happy.

jailhouselawyer said...

"And in the evening I will be speaking to Leyton & Wanstead Conservatives in South Woodford (in a scout hut - no jokes please)".

Don't forget to wiggle your woggle, dip dip dob, riding along on the rest of the ravers, be prepared wear a condom, etc.

The Grim Reaper said...

jailhouselawyer said "Don't forget to wiggle your woggle, dip dip dob, riding along on the rest of the ravers, be prepared wear a condom..."

I didn't realise the Conservative Party conference was that interesting.