Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Smeargate: What They Really Meant

If you want a bit of a laugh, go to the Unenlightened Commentary Blog, where he has done a satirical analysis of what some of the players in the Smeargate scandal really mean. Here's a few examples to tempt you over THERE...

Derek Draper
You see what really happened was that Damien had been leaked some of Paul Staines' emails and thought it would be a good idea to change all the names from Labour members to Conservative members to make a powerful point about the inappropriateness of smearing.

Iain Dale
Perhaps the most important lesson to be learnt from this is that I am available for appearances on a variety of media outlets, please contact my agent.

Sunny Hundal
All the right wing blogs and their mates in the media are talking about the supposed ‘smeargate’ being the moment when political blogs have come of age. I don’t see why anyone would even want to read poisonous right wing blogs which promote different views to mine, and therefore must be written by people who aren’t nearly as clever as me. Back when I invented blogging in 2004 I hoped it would become a medium for good, but this has not been the case. Whilst the likes of Guido Fawkes and Iain Dale aren’t nearly as successful as me either in terms of blogging or in terms of growing a sexy goatee, they do unfortunately have some readers, as I have previously outlined in “why everyone should stop talking about Guido & Iain Volumes 1-12”.

Nadine Dorries
I am so outraged about the career boosting lies being spread about me that I have appeared on GMTV, Sky, ITN, BBC Breakfast, The Today Programme, CBeebies and Channel 4 news to discuss them in more detail.

16 comments:

javelin said...

And who is your agent Iain?

Letters From A Tory said...

Oh please, since when was Iain Dale NOT available for glamorous TV appearances? News reviews just aren't the same without him.

Paul Burgin said...

A smile on which to start the day

Unsworth said...

@ Letters From A Tory

Just how low are your standards? You regard TV appearances as 'glamorous"?

Good Grief!

Mazza1230 said...

Iain, Were you aware of this re Draper?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/5154355/Derek-Draper-makes-second-apology-over-Tory-smears.html

Oldrightie said...

This whole affair begs the question "Can emails smell?"

Plato said...

Great skit - have linked to Ross.

Oscar Miller said...

Very funny.

Martin S said...

And the Purnell, "Vee vil Make you work, Scwhine!" policy in all it's glorious lack of detail:
Will Purnell's controversial welfare reforms work or fail?

Dick the Prick said...

Not been a bad week really - all in all, ceteris paribus etc. Perraps could take a stroll to tie rack.....

Oscar Miller said...

Sudden spate of blogging against Purnell today. I wonder why?

thespecialone said...

Sorry Iain. But Nadine Dorries is far easier on the eye than you! Much better TV.

ps....at my time of writing, Guido's site is down. It hasnt been taken offline by Brown (I knew nothing about it...it began in America)has it.

Ross said...

Thanks for the link Iain, I was concerned that it might offend some of the people sent up so I'm glad you appreciated it.

Dr Blue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paul Halsall said...

The real question is about Iain's ties.

I really liked the green and pink striped one.

Jimmy said...

"The real question is about Iain's ties.

I really liked the green and pink striped one."

Did Iain beat Paxo into the Garrick?