Friday, November 06, 2009

In At Number 66...

After yesterday's disappointment with the PCC ruling, today is another day, and a rather brighter one. I've just been flicking through the December issue of GQ Magazine and have been reading their list of the 100 Most Influential Men in Britain. It's an intriguing list, not least because for some reason best known to themselves they have included me at number 66 - one place above Ian Hislop, two above David Miliband, but best of all 17 places above Sir Alex Ferguson and 32 places above Guardian editor Alan Rusbridger.

I suppose I should also mention I am two places behind Mr Guido Fawkes!

11 comments:

Chris G said...

So, your position as "contibuting editor and columnist for GQ magazine" has nothing to do with this, then, Iain?

Pam Nash said...

Congratulations! Being above SAF is quite an achievement - expect an email giving you the hairdryer treatment. ;o)

Andy Harding said...

two places below the guymeister eh ! do you think people will put the similarities between you two together ?

tory boys never grow up said...

Since GQ is meant to be a fashion magazine I'd be very worried about being two places behind Guido.

Victor, NW Kent said...

Two places above David Miliband, our Foreign Minister. Hilarious.

Madame Arcati said...

GQ's most 100 most GQ-friendly persons, you mean.

Newmania said...

I remember you once accused me of 'pretending to know you' . I enjoy the blog but...I know only two people in the world who could tell you from Father Christmas so it was a puzzle . All is now clear .Meeting Chaz and Dave outside St. Albans Civic Centre eating chips ,shall be replacedwith ‘the day I met Britain’s 66th most influential man .... ‘ as my top anecdote .

“He is much wittier in real life you know ....”

Anonymous said...

Oh dear. I take it that you didn't make the list, Newmania.

Cardinal Richelieu's mole said...

Disappointing though it is to discover you actually see such a sad magazine (did you disclose this to the Bracknell party, btw?), how will you ever manage to live with the responsibility brought by your influence? It is a heavy burden, surely?

The Grim Reaper said...

Chris G said "So, your position as 'contibuting editor and columnist for GQ magazine' has nothing to do with this, then, Iain?"

My god, just how many media jobs can one man do?

Unsworth said...

Rusbridger?

Pah!